A program in Applied Food & Feed Extrusion is also being offered from 19 to 21 July July.
SUPPORTING MEDIA PARTNERS
Download pdf information brochure on the Thailand 2017 courses.
This 2-day program covers pellet milling plus basic extrusion and other operations commonly used in the production of animal feeds.
The program provides attendees with information on the range of processes used in feed manufacture and how they affect pellet quality attributes. Ingredients are also discussed, along with associated topics such as control
Topics covered include:
- Overview of feed processing
- Role of Ingredients in Feed Milling
- Cooking & preconditioning
- Batch Mixing and Size Reduction
- Introduction to Pellet Milling Technology
- Extrusion Processing Technology
- Die and Roller Design
- Product Quality
- Process Interactions
- Drying Technology
- Pellet Cooling Technology
- Control of Salmonella
- Technology Developments
Note that presentations are in English.
Monday and Tuesday 17 & 18 July 2017.
Institute of Food Research & Product Development (IFRPD), Kasetsart University, Bangkok, Thailand.
25,000 Thai Baht per person
(~ $AU930 or ~ $US720 depending on the exchange rate at time of payment)
- A 10% discount applies for registrations received and paid by 2 June 2017
- A 10% discount applies for three or more course registrations received together from the same company.
Special fees for non-profit research organisations and PhD students (subject to places available). Advise on registration form if claiming special fee:
- Non-profit research organisation (including University staff) – 16,000 Baht (or equivalent in other currency).
- PhD students – 9,000 Baht (or equivalent in other currency). Advise University you are enrolled in at registration.
Registration fees are fixed in Thai Baht, but may vary in other currencies according to fluctuations in exchange rates.
The registration fee includes handout notes directly related to the presentations, as well as lunches, and morning and afternoon teas.
Registrations close on 7 July 2017, but please register early as the course will not proceed if insufficient registrations are received.
The main presenter is Mr Dennis Forte a chemical engineer with extensive experience in extrusion and general feed processing, having worked with a variety of companies.
Mr Gordon Young is a food process engineer who has worked in extrusion technology in both University research and with private companies. He is also experienced in a wide range of other food processing technologies, including specific expertise in drying technology and thermal processing.
Who should attend?
Engineers, technologists, and scientists involved in the manufacture of animal feed products.
The venue for the course is the Institute of Food Research and Product Development (IFRPD), Kasetsart University, Bangkok, Thailand
Participants are responsible for their own accommodation. A wide range of accommodation is available in Bangkok, but accommodation options in the vicinity of the course include:
- Cinnamon Residence Hotel, www.cinnamon-residence.com . Bookings can be arranged, and transport from the hotel to the course venue provided.
- KU Home, on the Campus of Kasetsart University. www.kuhome-kasetsart.com.
- Maruay Garden Hotel. www.maruaygardenhotel.com.
If required, assistance can be provided in booking accommodation at the above. Use our contact form to contact us.
Fees, less a 10% handling charge, will be refunded if participants cancel their registration 21 days or more prior to the course. Fees will not be refunded after that date, but a substitute participant will be accepted at any time.
Food Industry Engineering reserves the right to cancel or postpone the course if necessary (e.g. due to insufficient registrations). In this case a full refund of fees will be available. Food Industry Engineering’s liability is limited to the registration fee only, and Food Industry Engineering cannot be held liable for air fares, accommodation or other related expenses.
For further information:
Use the contact form, or contact:
Gordon Young, Food Industry Engineering (and Associate of FoodStream)
Ph +61 414 681200
Feed Manufacturing training can also be offered to companies on-site at their facility, at a level suitable for operators, or for technical staff - contact us for information.